2011 NATIONAL CHILDREN’S SCIENCE INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP (CSIW 2011)
The Deaprtment of Education (DepEd) posted on September 20, 2011 through Deped Advisory No. 475, s. 2011 that the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs (PSYSC) announces its 2011 National Children’s Science Interactive Workshop (CSIW 2011) with the theme “Meteorolodyssey: Riding the Winds, Battling the Tides, Braving the Storms”, on October 24-27, 2011 at the Sarabia Manor Hotel and Convention Center, 101 General Luna St., Iloilo City.
As excerpted from the said memo, the activity aims to:
1. provide the participants with a substantial understanding of the concepts of Meteorology;
2. discuss thoroughly the impacts of the field to society through interactions with experts in the field;
3. apply what were learned from the lectures and discussions through the workshops and to relate what were learned to practical applications in daily lives;
4. encourage the participants to acquire innovative knowledge and ideas and invest in scientific research;
5. provide a venue for the exchange of ideas and promote camaraderie among elementary science clubs nationwide; and
6. attract more science clubs to affiliate with PSYSC.
The elementary science club members and teacher-advisers are invited to attend.
The registration fee which includes kits, shirt, educational trip expenses, insurance, board and lodging from dinner of October 24 to breakfast of October 27, 2011, is as follows:
PSYSC affiliated schools PhP4,500.00
Non-affiliated schools PhP7,500.00
The deadline for submission of registration forms is on September 23, 2011. A reservation fee of Seven Hundred Pesos (PhP700.00) deductable from the registration fee is required and is payable to the PSYSC Landbank of the Philippines (LBP) Account No.: 0702-1020-65 or remitted through Postal Money Order (PMO) payable only to the Philippine Society of Youth Science Clubs. Reservation fees may be paid until October 14, 2011.
For further information, contact the PSYSC National Office, Unit 703 West Mansions Condominium, Nayong Kanluran, Quezon City with telephone no.: (02) 393-4384; telefax no.: (02) 332-8151 or send a message through e-mail address: email@example.com; or like the National Children’s Science Interactive Workshop fanpage on Facebook: www.facebook.com/csysc.csiw to get the latest CSIW updates.
- No. 475 s.2011 - 2011 NATIONAL CHILDREN'S SCIENCE INTERACTIVE WORKSHOP (CSIW 2011)
If you found this post helpful, we would appreciate if you could drop in a comment below to let us know your views. You could also share the link with your friends for them to be updated. This keeps us motivated to share more such post here.