Palace Congratulates Shamcey Supsup for Placing 3rd Runner-Up in 2011 Miss Universe Pageant

Malacanang congratulated Ms. Shamcey Supsup Tuesday for winning third runner-up in the 2011 Miss Universe Pageant held in Sao Paulo, Brazil, saying her feat brings honor and pride for the country.





“The humility, intellect, and grace that you exhibited during the competition embodied the spirit of the true Filipina; and, in our eyes, that is the true victory today—that the world stood witness to and found an appreciation for the ideals, values, and beauty that has long characterized our nation,” Presidential spokesman Edwin Lacierda said in a statement on Tuesday.


“May this triumph serve as a way for other nations to come to appreciate not just the beauty of our people, but that of our country. On behalf of the Filipino people, we are proud of you; and we see even greater things ahead for you,” Lacierda stressed.


Leila Lopes from Angola was crowned Miss Universe Monday night (see this link). Lopes is Angola’s first winner beating 88 other competitors to win the title during the 60th anniversary of the Ms. Universe pageant. She replaces last year’s winner, Ximena Navarrete of Mexico.


The first runner-up was 23-year-old Olesia Stefanko of Ukraine, while second runner-up was Priscila Machado of Brazil and the fourth Miss China.


During the question and answer portion, Supsup answered her question without a translator when asked: “Would you change your religious belief to marry the person that you love?”


"If I had to change my religious beliefs, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me and I have my faith and my principles and this is what makes me who I am. And if that person loves me, he should love my God too," Supsup said.


Supsup also ranked first among the fans in the vote for the top five candidates and second in the swimsuit and evening gown competitions.


Reference:
Press and Information Section
Email: info@philippinesusa.org



--
If you found this post helpful, we would appreciate if you could drop in a comment below to let us know your views. You could also share the link with your friends for them to be updated. This keeps us motivated to share more such post here.
--




No comments:

Post a Comment