Philippine entries "Sta. Nina," and "Alessandra de Rossi," "Bugoy Carino," and "Anita Linda" received awards at the first ASEAN International Film Festival and Awards (AIFFA) held in Borneo Convention Centre, Kuching, Sarawak, Malaysia on March 30, 7pm.
Two of the Pinoy films were nominated for multiple categories in the 2013 AIFFA. The highly-acclaimed Indie movie “Santa Nina”, top-billed by Coco Martin and Alessandra de Rossi, received nominations for Best Film Editing, Best Actress (Alessandra de Rossi), Best Supporting Actress (Anita Linda), Best Director (Emmanuel Palo), and Best Picture (Drama). Meanwhile, Bugoy Carino, was nominated as Best Supporting Actor and Jericho Rosales as Best Actor for "Alagwa". Also, "The Kidnappers of Ronnie Lazaro" is nominated for Best Picture - Comedy.
Here is the list of winners updated as they are announced:
- BEST SCREENPLAY: "Bunohan" - Malaysia
- BEST FILM EDITING: "Sang Martir" - Indonesia
- BEST DIRECTORAL PHOTOGRAPHY: "Rayya" - Indonesia
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR: Bugoy Carino, "Alagwa" - Philippines
- BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS: Anita Linda, "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST ACTOR: Shaheizy Sam, "Songlap" - Malaysia
- BEST ACTRESS: Alessandra de Rossi, "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST PICTURE - COMEDY: "Istanbul Aku Datang" - Malaysia
- BEST PICTURE - DRAMA: "Sta Nina" - Philippines
- BEST PICTURE - ACTION: "Songlap" - Malaysia
- SPECIAL HONOUR AWARD: "Hanyut" - Malaysia
- SPECIAL JURY AWARD: "Kayan Beauties" - Myanmar, "Rectoverso" - Indonesia, "Ada Apa Dengan Rina" - Brunei, "Taxi! Taxi!" - Singapore
- BEST DIRECTOR: Riri Riza, "Atambua 39 Degrees Celsius" - Indonesia
- AIFFA LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD and ASEAN SPIRIT AWARD - Michelle Yeoh
More than 100 films from Malaysia, Brunei, Singapore, Philippines, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Vietnam, Myanmar, Laos, USA, India, Russia, and Australia participated in AIFFA. According to director Livan Tajang, the second one will be held in 2015.