The Department of Education (DepEd) published on Tuesday, January 3, 2012 the DepEd Advisory No. 1, s. 2012, re: National Congress for the Out-Of-School Learners.
In compliance with DepED Order No. 39, s. 2009 this Advisory is issued for the information of DepEd officials and personnel.
The Philippine Association of Non-formal Educators, Inc. (PANFEI), in collaboration with the Bureau of Alternative Learning System (BALS) will hold the National Congress for the Out-of-School Learners with the theme “Kung ALS Learner Ka, Naiiba Ka” on April 17-19, 2012 at the Teachers Camp, Baguio City.
The National Congress aims to:
a. highlight the common concerns of ALS learners and identify opportunities and prospects which address those concerns;
b. generate positive responses from the learners in terms of helping improve themselves, their families and the communities where they belong;
c. instill pride among the ALS learners as lifelong learners; and
d. promote connectivity between and among the ALS learners and the ALS community.
The participants are the following:
a. DepEd Personnel
• Bureau, Center and Regional Directors;
• Schools Division/City Superintendents;
• Bureau/Regional ALS Chiefs, Assistant Chiefs, Education Supervisors II;
• Education Supervisors I in-charge of ALS;
• Public Schools District Supervisors;
• ALS Facilitators (Mobile Teachers, District ALS Coordinators) ; and
• BALS staff (committee members).
b. Non-DepEd Personnel
• ALS learners;
• ALS Gabay Aral Pamayanan (AGAP), Peer Educators, Instructional Managers, Literacy Facilitators, Service Providers; and
You can view/download a copy of the DepEd Advisory No. 1, s. 2012 here.
Source: Department of Education (DepEd)
--If you found this post helpful, we would appreciate if you could drop in a comment below to let us know your views. You could also share the link with your friends for them to be updated. This keeps us motivated to share more such post here.