Shamcey Supsup is Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-Up - 'Deserved to Win' Says Oprah

Miss Philippines Shamcey Supsup was named third runner-up in the Miss Universe 2011 pageant held in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Miss  Leila Lopes of Angola took the crown as Miss Universe 2011 (see the complete list of winners here). Miss Ukraine 'Olesya Stefanko' was the first runner-up, Miss Brazil 'Priscila Machado' was second, and Miss China 'Luo Zilin' was the fourth runner-up.


 
Supsup was the second placer in the Semi-finals' online poll for both the swimsuit and evening gown competitions. She was also voted as the number one fan favorite online.

Being the Miss Universe 2011 3rd Runner-Up, Shamcey was able to place a bit higher than our last year's representative Miss Venus Raj who wast the 4th Runner-Up.

However, according to netizens, Shamcey Supsup could possibly bring home the bacon as the Miss Universe 2011, if and only if, the American television personality Oprah Winfrey was a judge. Netizens on social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook have spreads what Oprah's supposed to remark on the recently concluded beauty pageant and according to them, Oprah said via NBC News.
 “I have reservations with the results. If the only basis is the Q and A portion, after having been trimmed down to 5, Ms. Philippines deserved to win. What made her different from the rest is that she had no seconds to rethink of her answer as she had no interpreter to break the ice. The rest had their interpreters and having breaks on seconds to think about their answers. Hands down, Ms. Philippines answered straight to the point.”
The reason why she have had said that positive comment is that Shamcey is the only Miss Universe 2011 finalist to have answered the final question without an interpreter and its true.

Vivica Fox, the pageant judged, asked her: “Would you change your religious beliefs to marry the person that you love? Why or why not?”

Shamcey answers: “If I would have to change my religious belief, I would not marry the person that I love because the first person that I love is God who created me.”

“I have my faith and my principles, and this is what makes me who I am. If the person loves me, he’ll love my God too,” she added.

Nevertheless, the competition was really tough and the Miss Universe 2011 Leila Lopes of Angola and Olesya Stefanko of Ukraine, deserved what they've got.

Congrats Shamcey! Filipinos are all proud of you.

--
If you found this post helpful, we would appreciate if you could drop in a comment below to let us know your views. You could also share the link with your friends for them to be updated. This keeps us motivated to share more such post here.
--




No comments:

Post a Comment