How To Claim Civil Service Certificate of Eligibility (CoE)

Career Service Professional and Sub-Professional Eligibilities

The Civil Service Commission (CSC) released the results of the May 22, 2011 Career Service Exam - Paper and Pencil Test (CSE-PPT) (see this link) earlier this month. On the last week of July, the CSC issued an advisory with information on how passers can claim the Certificate of Eligibility (CoE).

You may follow the following procedure:

  • Coordinate with the CSC Regional Office, which has jurisdiction over the test center where you took the examination, to inquire on the specific dates of the availability of your CoE.
  • Bring a valid ID and one (1) passport size photo, the same photo that was attached on the Application Form and Picture-Seat Plan bearing the name of the examinee (name tag). Note that the CSC will not accept a picture with computer-generated name tag.
A complete listing and contact information of the different CSC Regional Offices have been provided here. The CSC said those who failed the examination may print a copy of their Report of Rating (RoR) from this page.

Grant of Eligibility Under Special Laws and CSC Issuances

The career service examination is not the be-all and end-all of acquiring civil service eligibility. Do you know that the CSC also grants eligibilities other than the Career Service Professional and Sub-Professional eligibilities? You can acquire a civil service eligibility even without taking the Career Service Examination. The CSC for some time now has been granting eight (8) different eligibilities under special laws to qualified individuals. You may be qualified for the grant of any of these eligibilities:

Bar/Board Eligibility (RA1080)

Barangay Health Worker Eligibility (RA7883)

Barangay Nutrition Scholar Eligibility (PD1569)

Barangay Official Eligibility (RA 7160/CSC Resolution No. 933666/943635)

Electronic Data Processing Specialist Eligibility (PD 1408/CSC Res. 90-083)

Honor Graduate Eligibility (PD907)

Scientific and Technological Specialist Eligibility (PD 997)

Skills Eligibility (CSC MC 11, s. 1996, as amended; CSC Res. 072244/CSC MC 3, s. 2008)

Veteran Preference Rating (EO 790)

Veterans Preference Grantees Advisory 

Just click to any of the above eligibilities for the procedures to follow and the required documents to be submitted in the prescribed CSC Offices.

To know more about CSC, you may visit their official website:


  1. Thanks for sharing this article! For best civil service exam tutorials, visit:

  2. What if I vant remember the examination date? And examinee number?

  3. What if you dont have the examinee number and can't remember the date?

  4. How can I claim my husband barangay official eligibility?